Purchase the book Right to Recover

Right to Recover ~ Winning the Political and Religious Wars Over Stem Cell Research in America presents scientific facts that challenge readers to think for themselves rather than accept political or religious views on stem cell research.

www.nightengalepress.com


This book is available by request in bookstores nationwide.


RIGHT TO RECOVER is an Award-Winning Finalist in the Current Events: Political/Social of the National Best Books 2007 Awards. Amazon Best-selling book in biomedical category.


Sunday, May 6, 2007

Grandmothers and Poliltics

I guess my Nanny, was right all along; Democrats have more of a heart for the American people than Republicans. Coming from a Southern Baptist family, I never thought I'd be saying that.

I was a staunch Republican until George W. Bush became president by what I thought was curious means. My faith in the GOP started rapidly sliding downhill and hasn't stopped yet.

When I learned about the stem cell debate, I started doing research about why people were opposed to using material leftover from in-vitro fertilization to seek cures and treatments for so many illnesses. It never made sense to me why anyone would think it better to throw away blastocyst cells than to study them, but I kept on researching looking for logic that was not to be found.

Read more...

No comments: