Purchase the book Right to Recover

Right to Recover ~ Winning the Political and Religious Wars Over Stem Cell Research in America presents scientific facts that challenge readers to think for themselves rather than accept political or religious views on stem cell research.

www.nightengalepress.com


This book is available by request in bookstores nationwide.


RIGHT TO RECOVER is an Award-Winning Finalist in the Current Events: Political/Social of the National Best Books 2007 Awards. Amazon Best-selling book in biomedical category.


Saturday, June 23, 2007

Arizona Chapter of the National Parkinson's Foundation- Rayillyn Brown

Rayilyn Brown writes:

I was a lifelong Republican in 1996 when I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. In 1999 when I presented SCNT info at the Murietta Federated Republican Women’s Club in CA, I was met with a frosty reception.

I do not believe microscopic UNDIFFERENTIATED CELLS are people. When Bush vetoed HR 810 in 2001, I changed parties since most Dems (even Catholic Dems) support hESCR. Since the GOP is now controlled by religious fascists who start wars that kill real people, I don't want to be associated with them. This is not a matter of left and right "parties", but of issues.

I have no moral qualms about using cells for research and would have this same position if I were well, but being an ovarian cancer survivor and 11-year Parkinson’s (PD) prisoner I am enraged when scientists’ hands are tied by Stone Age theology and lies are spread about adult stem cell "cures".

1. Look around you. If this were true there wouldn't be so many "uncured" people.

2. On 3-24-2006 Dennis Turner told me by phone that his PD had returned with a vengeance, but he is still being touted by Senator Brownback as an adult stem cell success. For the whole story read Chapter 11 of Yvonne Perry's new book RIGHT TO RECOVER.

3. There are about 9 actual cures for blood disorders and cancers, not 72, 80 or whatever claimed by the FRC and Bush & Co.

People like me suffer with every breath we take and wonder how you can oppose medical research that might help us. To most of us it seems that you are the real cruel killers.

Rayillyn Brown
Board Member AZNPF
Arizona Chapter of the National Parkinson's Foundation

No comments: