Purchase the book Right to Recover

Right to Recover ~ Winning the Political and Religious Wars Over Stem Cell Research in America presents scientific facts that challenge readers to think for themselves rather than accept political or religious views on stem cell research.

www.nightengalepress.com


This book is available by request in bookstores nationwide.


RIGHT TO RECOVER is an Award-Winning Finalist in the Current Events: Political/Social of the National Best Books 2007 Awards. Amazon Best-selling book in biomedical category.


Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Who Needs Stem Cell Research?

by Don C. Reed


Is it you? Or is it me?
A member of our family?
One hundred million citizens, in America alone;
Enduring chronic illness or injury, with courage, or a groan.

Think of someone you love, incurably ill,
They will not get better, not with drug, shot, or pill.
They have cancer, Alzheimer’s, spinal cord injury:
A chronic disease, or a disability.

And every one of those people, man or woman, boy or girl,
Has a family affected—which means everybody, all across the world.
What emotional, physical, financial burdens we share;
Chronic disease is three-quarters of the cost of everyone’s health care.


2 comments:

ThursdayB said...

I think this real sums up every opinion I have of stem cell research. I watched my grandmother, one of the most brilliant women I've ever met, fall victim to Alzheimer's and I just remember being so angry when I heard that stem cell research had promising leads that were made inaccessible by policy.

Yvonne Perry said...

Thank you, Thursday, for your comment. It is hard to watch someone deteriorate. I saw this with my grandfather and my uncle. There was nothing anyone could do to help them. However, stem cells could hold the cure or at least a treatment for some serious illnesses and medical conditions. I do hope that my book will help to get federal funding so the research can move forward much faster.

Yvonne