Purchase the book Right to Recover

Right to Recover ~ Winning the Political and Religious Wars Over Stem Cell Research in America presents scientific facts that challenge readers to think for themselves rather than accept political or religious views on stem cell research.

www.nightengalepress.com


This book is available by request in bookstores nationwide.


RIGHT TO RECOVER is an Award-Winning Finalist in the Current Events: Political/Social of the National Best Books 2007 Awards. Amazon Best-selling book in biomedical category.


Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Author Talks Questions

AUTHOR TALKS: Welcome to Author Talks, AUTHOR! Can you give us a little bit about your background?

YVONNE: I am a freelance ghostwriter and editor. I have been writing all my life, but it wasn’t until 2003 that I seriously decided to do something with my talent. That’s when I founded Write On! Creative Writing Services and left my corporate job as an executive assistant to make my living as a freelance writer. The decision started with the writing of my first book, Email Episodes. This humorous book was an online journal I kept during a dark night of the soul. I used my writing and wit as a vehicle for releasing the stress of raising teenagers, going through divorce and encountering midlife crisis. Since self-publishing that book, I have been writing for clients and growing the business. I developed a team of writers and editors to assist me and that is working out well.

AUTHOR TALKS: How long have you been writing?

YVONNE: Since I could hold a crayon. I drew my stories then. Once I learned to write, I couldn’t stop.

AUTHOR TALKS: Has it been a bumpy ride to becoming a published author or has it been pretty well smooth sailing? Would you like to tell us how you became published for the first time?

YVONNE: Life is a roller coaster ride of joy and greater joy! The publishing part of the journey has been easy. Doing the research was time-consuming, but marketing the book is the uphill part especially while having a business to run and other clients to write for. I’m ready for the downhill “Wheeee!”

AUTHOR TALKS: Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is? If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

YVONNE: I did not have an agent. I connected with Valerie Connelly of Nightengale Press after listening to a radio show in which Francine Silverman interviewed her. I picked up the phone after the show and let Fran know how much I appreciated her having Valerie on the show. She recommended I call Valerie, so I did. She was coming to Nashville the next week to visit Lightning Source and we arranged a lunch meeting to get to know one another. During our chat, I pitched my book idea to her. She thought it would sell so she took on the project then and there.

AUTHOR TALKS: Can you please tell us about your book?

YVONNE: RIGHT TO RECOVER Winning the Political and Religious Wars over Stem Cell Research in America is an educational book that sheds light on the way Americans view blastocystic (embryonic) stem cell biology. The book contains well-researched facts about all types of stem cell (bone marrow, amniotic and cord blood) treatments presently being used and their restorative effects. It also explores the research being done using stem cells derived from in-vitro fertilized eggs on laboratory animals and presents findings to support its curative potential on humans. The book contains a spiritual component and gives historical information about the influence religion has upon science and politics. I hope this will appeal to those who use their religious beliefs to oppose blastocystic stem cell research.

The information in this book was derived from intensive research, personal interviews, emails and other correspondence with national and international medical doctors, research scientists, religious leaders and elected officials as well as stories from patients, who hope to transform their lives through stem cell technology.

AUTHOR TALKS: Do you plan subsequent books?

YVONNE: Not on this topic, but I’m sure there will be more books with my own name on the cover. I have a blog on which I post the latest news about stem cell research. I plan to keep up with up with the field of stem cell research and offer public education forums to get the information into the hands of those who want to know more about stem cell research.

AUTHOR TALKS: Are you a morning writer or a night writer?

YVONNE: All day. I’m usually writing or networking using my writing from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. If I’m on a roll or have a deadline to meet, I may stay up until midnight working on a project.

AUTHOR TALKS: Any final words of wisdom for those of us who would like to be published?

YVONNE: The law of attraction and saying affirmations really works. I don’t think it was a coincidence that I met my publisher face to face when I did. I had put that request out there and the universe responded. This is a common thing for me.

AUTHOR TALKS: Thank you for coming, Yvonne! Good luck to you and happy sales!

YVONNE: Thank you for allowing me to share with you and your reader. Blessings to all.

This interview was originally posted at http://authortalks.blogspot.com/2007/09/interview-with-stem-cell-research.html

No comments: