Purchase the book Right to Recover

Right to Recover ~ Winning the Political and Religious Wars Over Stem Cell Research in America presents scientific facts that challenge readers to think for themselves rather than accept political or religious views on stem cell research.

www.nightengalepress.com


This book is available by request in bookstores nationwide.


RIGHT TO RECOVER is an Award-Winning Finalist in the Current Events: Political/Social of the National Best Books 2007 Awards. Amazon Best-selling book in biomedical category.


Friday, October 12, 2007

Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion Interview

This interview with Dorothy Thompson was originally posted at Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion! Pump Up You Online Book Promotion at http://pumpupyouronlinebookpromotion.blogspot.com/2007/09/stem-cell-research-author-yvonne-perry.html

PUYOBP: Welcome to Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion, Yvonne! Can you tell us a little about yourself and your book, Right to Recover?

Yvonne: I am a freelance writer, editor, speaker, as well as an author. I am the owner of Write On! Creative Writing Services, based in Nashville, TN. I graduated from American Institute of Holistic Theology with a B.S. in Metaphysics. As a Distinguished Toastmaster, I put my speaking skills to good use on Writers in the Sky Podcast—my weekly show in which I interview guest authors, publishers, and book marketing experts. Each Friday a new show is available on my company’s blog http://yvonneperry.blogspot.com.

My latest book, RIGHT TO RECOVER Winning the Political and Religious Wars over Stem Cell Research in America is an educational book that puts stem cell biology in laymen’s terms. It also addresses the political and religious issues surrounding blastocyst (embryonic) stem cell research and gives a logical appeal to those who are straddling the fence.

PUYOBP: RIGHT TO RECOVER is a book that gives more details about stem cell research. Who will benefit from your book?

Yvonne: Those who are undecided about where they stand on the issue of blastocyst stem cell research and those interested in knowing more about all types of stem cell research and its medical potential will appreciate the educational component. Those who are fed up with religion and politics will probably relate to the chapter on the Separation of Church and State.

PUYOBP: In regards to promoting your book, what have you been doing to promote online?

Yvonne: I’m doing this tour with you, and I’ve been blogging on my own site (www.right2recover.com) as well as other related sites. I’ve been talking it up in my newsletter each month and I have some Internet Radio interviews lined up. I have several book reviews posted on the Internet as well as media releases to many online outlets. I am also a member of an online book marketing network: http://bookmarket.ning.com/profile/Nashvillewriter. I’m planning an Amazon.com blitz to launch the book.

PUYOBP: Of all the promotional (bookmarks, press kits, etc.) items you’ve used to promote your book, can you tell us which ones were the most beneficial?

Yvonne: There does seem to be a lot of interest in RIGHT TO RECOVER, but it’s hard to say which effort produces which results. The more I network, the more interaction I have with people who might want a copy of the book. Online networking and personal emails to people seems to generate a lot of business leads, so I’m hoping it will do the same for the book. Since the book is not available in bookstores until October 1, it’s difficult to say what the sales will be.

PUYOBP: Do you feel that the Internet has opened doors for authors who never dreamed they’d ever see a publishing contract and how has it influenced you in regards to your own publishing journey?

Yvonne: The Internet has opened doors for many businesses. I would not have been able to become a successful freelance writer with my own company without the benefit of online marketing. The Internet has allowed authors who are self-published or published via POD companies to promote their book without a conventional publisher. Those large publishing houses do very little for an “unknown” author. Since it’s up to the author to promote their own book, the Internet is probably the most valuable marketing outlet available.

PUYOBP: If you were in the middle of Manhattan (or any busy thoroughfare) and you wanted to call attention to your book, what would you do?

Yvonne: Put an ad on a billboard.

PUYOBP: If you could trade places with any author just for a day, who would it be?

Yvonne: Dan Brown

PUYOBP: Lastly, how do you determine your book’s success?

Yvonne: If my book changes the minds of Americans about blastocystic stem cell research and influences policy makers to approve federal funding for it, I will have accomplished my purpose.

PUYOBP: Thank you for coming, Yvonne! Can you tell us where everyone can pick up a copy of RIGHT TO RECOVER?

Yvonne: It’s available on Amazon.com and in bookstores after October 1. You can preorder from my Web site: www.right2recover.com Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this virtual tour!

No comments: